13Jan 2022 by
Paper Nursing Grand Theory Scholarly Paper
Please click on the link above to view the grading rubric and to upload your completed paper.
The purpose of this assignment is for students to understand the application of grand nursing theory to promote best nursing practices for patients. It is intended that this assignment will promote a deeper understanding of how grand nursing theory may be used to guide evidence-based nursing practice. Include a minimum of 3 scholarly sources including textbook. Use a minimum of two peer reviewed journal articles that shows the implementation of this grand theory and how the grand theory guided research and/or practice.
In the paper you will analyze, discuss, and apply the concepts of a grand nursing theory of your choice. (Chapters 7-16 in textbook)
The paper must include the following:
Background information about your selected grand nursing theory and the purpose of paper.
Select a clinical nursing practice situation where you provided nursing care which is applicable to one of the grand theories studied in this course. Write a summary of nursing situation. Observe strict anonymity and confidentiality; use fictitious names for patient, facility, and any other identifiable details. You may write this section in first person.
Select a related grand nursing theory from course readings that relates the nursing practice situation described. Explain its principles and concepts in detail.
Describe in detail why this grand nursing theory is applicable to the nursing situation.
Explain how this grand nursing theory can be applied to other nursing practice situations, as well as nursing leadership and ethical decision-making related to this theory.
Describe how this grand nursing theory may be applied to nursing research.
· Based on your readings, current literature (within the last 5 years), and research on the nursing theory of your choice
· Clearly demonstrate the integration of evidence into nursing practice as it relates to your selected nursing theory.
· Clearly demonstrate the concepts of nursing leadership and ethical decision making as they relate to your selected nursing theory.
· Total of 3-5 pages (not including title page or reference page) using the required title page with your major clearly labeled
· Document file name: Last Name_First Name_Week 4 Paper_NUR502
· Minimum of 5 scholarly sources (a minimum of 3 scholarly sources and a minimum of two peer reviewed journal articles) to support your facts. One source may be the course textbook.
· Clear and logically written with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation
· Proper APA format on citations and sources
Please remember to run your documents through the Plagiarism Check to review the percentage taken from other sources prior to uploading your work here for final grading and the final plagiarism check.
· View the grading rubric
* Please note if you need help searching the library use the Ask the Librarian feature.
**Please see the sample cover page required for all Keiser papers under START HERE. The last section titled Course Resources has the required formatting for Keiser papers.