After either attending a live concert or watching a full length concert online, write a critique of theperformance following the format below.
Sam Smith 2018 Concert– The Thrill of it all Tour (Paper must be written on this specific concert only)
Be sure you include the URL of the concert youchose in your critique, or scan the program of the live concert you attended and attach it.
The musicalstyle of the concert should include at least one of the genres studied in this course.
The Concert Critique should be 2.5 pages long, double spaced. It should contain five paragraphs thatdescribe the following aspects of the concert you attended:
1. Who are the performers? Give the title of the concert and write something about the performers.Is it an orchestra? A choir? An ensemble? Solo artists? Why did you choose to attend thisparticular performance? Tell as much as you know about the musicians that performed are theyprofessionals? Students? Teachers? How long have they been performing? Etc.
2. Describe the music that was performed on the concert. Use the musical characteristics that wehave been learning in class. What genre is the music (opera aria? Jazz song? Standard tune?Solo instrument piece? Symphony?)
3. What style period was the music written in? What was the tempo, dynamics, texture, etc.?Sometimes the music in a concert will be only one genre. Sometimes there will be several genresperformed. Attach the program to your critique, and then refer to the titles in the program. Forexample: Autumn Leaves was performed by a small instrumental ensemble (guitar, bass, andpercussion). It is a standard contemporary tune. The tempo was a moderately slow ballad. It hada very mellow sound
4. Tell how well you think the performers interpreted the music that was on the concert. Were thesingers in tune? Did the piano player play musically and rhythmically? Do you think theperformers communicated the music as it was meant to be communicated by the composer?
5. Tell which pieces or part of the concert was most moving or enjoyable for you. If you didnt enjoythe concert very much, tell why you didnt enjoy it. What could have been better? Be as specificas you can when expressing your opinion of the performance dont just write generalities like Itwas nice or it made me feel like dancing. Tell why the music made you feel like dancing. Writeabout why you particularly enjoyed that part of the concert.
6. Conclude your critique by summing up the performance and telling us if you would go to hearthese performers again or would invite your friends or family to hear thisperformance/performers.